Hello, hello! It’s another holiday weekend here in the United States, which means sales galore. Massive retailers like Urban Outfitters, H&M, and Forever 21 will be trying to lure consumers in with their promises of rock-bottom prices. But I know those clothes come at too great of a cost—water pollution, millions of pounds of textile waste, child labor, poor working conditions, and so on—and I don’t want that guilt weighing on my mind while I shop! (Ironic, isn’t it, that on Labor Day there are so many companies encouraging people to buy products that embody the opposite of what this holiday stands for?)
So I’ve rounded up some holiday sales being hosted by brands and companies that use fair labor and/or sustainable practices. Most of the brands in the list cater to the “womenswear” side, but if you’re looking for brands that cater to “menswear,” check out Alas, Pact, and Stock Mfg. Co., as well as the unisex Big Bud Press and Faircloth & Supply, all listed below too. Of course, gender descriptions shouldn’t limit where we shop. 🙂
Take a gander at all of this ethically made goodness:
- 3 x 1: American-made denim and clothing. Take an additional twenty-five percent off sale with code LDW25.
- Alas: Colorful and comfy underwear and activewear, made ethically with sustainable materials. End-of-season sale! (Note: this company is based in Australia.)
- Amour Vert: Basics made in the USA using sustainable materials. Take an additional twenty-five percent off all sale with code COUNTDOWN17.
- Bambeco: Sustainable and fairly made home goods. Take sixty percent off everything (with some exclusions) with code NATURE60.
- Big Bud Press: Retro, unisex, American-made clothing and American-made backpacks, patches, and pins. Take twenty percent off everything with code SUMMERSALE20.
- Brelli: Fairly made, completely biodegradable (!) umbrellas. Take forty percent off everything with code S17.
- Conscious Clothing: Minimalist, American-made clothing produced using sustainable materials. Ten percent of proceeds will be donated to victims of Hurricane Harvey now through Labor Day.
- Faircloth & Supply: American-made, sustainable, and unisex basics. Take an additional twenty percent off everything with code LABORDAY20.
- First Rite: American-made minimalist clothing, produced with sustainable materials. Take an additional twenty percent off everything with code BYESUMMER.
- Gravel & Gold: Clothing and home goods produced in the USA, with prints created by local artists. Items added to a special sale section, this weekend only!
- Hackwith Design House: Minimalist clothing made in the USA, with a limited edition line. Free shipping through Labor Day with code LABOR17.
- Hazel and Rose: An online boutique stocking sustainable and fairly made clothing, shoes, jewelry, and beauty products. Take an extra forty percent off sale with code AUGUST40OFF.
- Only Hearts: Sexy lingerie, made in NYC. New items added to sale section.
- Pact: Fair trade, organic cotton basics and underwear for adults and children. Sitewide markdowns, this weekend only.
- Poppy and Pima: Fairly made sweaters and accessories. Take an additional thirty percent off all orders over $15 with code SWEATERWEATHER.
- Rituel de Fille: American-made, 99% natural makeup. Take an additional fifteen percent off all full-size colors with code HORIZON15.
- Stock Mfg. Co: American-made menswear. Take an additional twenty percent off using code LABOR20.
- Thread & Paper: Leather and printed canvas bags and backpacks, made in the USA. Fifteen percent off sitewide using code BACKTOSCHOOL.
- Tradlands: American-made button-up shirts and basics, catering to women. Items added to the sale section.
If you have the urge to shop, now you can do so while following the spirit of the holiday. Most of these sales only last through September 4 or September 5, so act soon!
❤ S. (a.k.a. AMisplacedPen)
Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way to write about any organizations or businesses that I have mentioned. This post expresses my honest opinions.